The major challenge facing STAC will be to transform the institution into a dynamic promoter of change in field of sustainable agriculture and rural development through innovative teaching, research and extension methods. To aid the endeavor, the management has constituted an advisory committee of eminent agricultural scientists to provide guidance and counselling for the better functioning of the college over a period of time.
Following are the Advisory Committee members of STAC
- Dr. C. Ramasamy. Former Vice Chancellor, TNAU, Coimbatore
- Dr. N. Natarajan, Former Director, ICAR- Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur
- Dr. S. Anbu, Former Dean, Horticultural College and Research Institute, Periyakulam
- Dr. C. R. Anandakumar, Ph. D, Former Registrar, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Dr. R. Venkatachalam, Professor (Horticulture), TNAU, Coimbatore
The team met on 22nd October 2019 and reviewed the performance of the college and submitted its report containing the policy measures for strengthening the institution with quality assurance and education. They also suggested the measures to improve college administration for academic excellence, faculty strength and credentials and on outcome/output of quality education.
Taking the above view into consideration, the management of STAC accepted the recommendation and decided to apply for the accreditation from National Agricultural Education Accreditation Board (NAEAB) of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi.